Cringe

Yesterday, there was a knock on the door and it was the postman (as it often is this time of year) with a package I had to sign for. All fine and dandy apart from the embarrassing outfit that I was wearing, but not a big deal. Today, another package to sign for, and the exact same postman. This wouldn't be an issue for me usually, except that I just so happened to be wearing exactly the same outfit that I had on the day before. Added bonuses today were my hair scraped back into a messy bun, and the end pieces of my glasses jammed into my hair instead of resting on my ears in a haphazard sort of manner. Individually, the items I was wearing were perfectly acceptable, but thrown together as I had, it was just a garish explosion of clashing patterns that I never would have worn out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I was super comfortable, but I hadn't really planned on being seen by anyone, let alone two days in a row. The only reason I had thrown the same clothes on again was because I had a few things to do around the house that I wanted to get out of the way before I had a shower, and didn't see the point in wearing something clean to do them in.

So of course my immediate reaction to opening the door and finding the same postman before me, was to half hide myself behind the door and hope he couldn't remember me. Unfortunately, the first thing he said was, "Hello again, I've got another one for you." Oh dear. He was very polite of course, and didn't mention what a colossal mess I must have looked which was very decent of him.

Please don't judge me, Mr. Postman.

Song of the Day: You're So True by Joseph Arthur (Hope you know you inspire me, you're a flower and I'm a bee, I need you/ All this you do for free, give me hope and I can see you're so true)

Currently reading: Two things - Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy by Helen Fielding and The Walking Dead: Compendium Two by Robert Kirkman. I am ploughing through my 'to read' list and it's making me really happy.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...