Winter Is Coming

It's really, really cold.

I feel like I'm in that movie The Day After Tomorrow, specifically the bit when the helicopter freezes because it's in the eye of the storm and it crashes and then that one guy survives the crash only to instantly freeze to death. I am that guy. And NO I'm not exaggerating, not even a little.

Should I have put a spoiler alert before that paragraph? Whatever, that movie is like a thousand years old.

The good thing is that I have a little electric fleecy blanket kind of thing that I got for Christmas from my mum and dad last year and it is the cosiest thing. I put it at the end of my bed to warm my feet at night and just bask in happiness with how cosy I am. 

In other news, NaNoWriMo is going really well (she says as she writes this instead). I'm on 38,261 words at the moment with a week to go so I'll reach 50,000 easy. I don't think my story will be finished at that number, but at least I'll have something to show for it. It'll need a lot of work afterwards if I decide I think the idea is good enough to do more with - and I think it is, the basic shell is there at least - but what the experience has shown me so far is that I really can do something when I really set my mind to it. Well, I knew that anyway in theory, but at least I've proven it to myself now.

Little victories. I'll take them when they come.

Okay I'm going to go and get inside every blanket I own now.

Song of the Day: You And I Will Meet Again by Tom Petty (I heard you singing to no one, I saw you dancing all alone/ One day you belonged to me, next day I just wouldn't know/ One day all the rules will bend, and you and I will meet again)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...