Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

There is no place more claustrophobic than a supermarket on the 23rd December. On this day a few years ago, I went to Waitrose with my Mum like the good little helper I am, and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. (I have led a somewhat sheltered existence, I know.) It was so busy (which I had been expecting), and people are incredibly ruthless at Christmas time. They will try and force you out of the way with their trolleys if you happen to be standing in between them and the last box of mince pies. 'Never again,' I said to myself. 

Today, after noticing my Mum's sizeable shopping list, I offered to go with her again. 'It won't be like last time,' I thought. 'I'm older now. Wiser. I can handle this.' How wrong I was.

I spent the majority of the time trying to keep out of everyone else's way whilst my Mum nipped in and out of spaces to grab what she needed. I tried to manoeuvre the trolley into areas where I thought not many people would go, like in front of the avocados or near the end of the aisles where there wasn't actually anything on the shelves. At one point I was nearly squashed in between our trolley and an elderly gentleman's who was pushing his with reckless abandon and not looking where he was going. No one has any trolley etiquette and it is infuriating. Everyone seems to think it's a great idea to leave their trolley horizontally across the aisles so you can't get passed, and when you say 'Excuse me' they either give you a look of contempt that you have dared to speak to them, or they just ignore you entirely.

My Mum overheard a man telling his wife that he couldn't stay in there as it was that busy and just walked out, and I heard a lady threaten her children that it wasn't too late for her to just cancel Christmas. So all in all, everyone was full of Christmas spirit.

So there's a nice festive rant for you. If you're lucky, I may return tomorrow with a tale about how I learned the cold hard truth about Santa Claus. 'Tis the season and all that.

Merry Christmas!

Currently reading: The Walking Dead: Compendium One

Song of the Day: Underneath The Tree by Kelly Clarkson (very catchy - would definitely recommend a listen!)

Link of the Day: 13 Dogs and 1 Cat enjoy a holiday feast with human hands. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...