Happy New Year!

This post was meant to go up hours ago but I got distracted by my dinner and then pudding, and then I watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen with my mum and brother (it's really good - I recommend it!). But anyway, this post. I wanted to take better photos but unfortunately the weather has been so appalling today that going outside was a no-no, and the lighting in my room is terrible. However, I got this dress from Topshop yesterday and really wanted to photograph it because I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to wear it again. It seemed New Years Day appropriate.


Dress: Topshop
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins

Please excuse the blurriness - as I said, terrible lighting, and everything just looked too bright with the flash on. Also the lampshade in my room is patterned which is why there's a funny shadow all over the walls. Also, here's a bonus picture. I flicked the camera on the shutter-speed accidentally and I thought the photo wasn't taking so I moved and then it clicked, resulting in this cool ghostly picture.



Can't quite believe it's 2014 already, last year really did go incredibly quickly, and Christmas has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I worked Christmas Day, but I've had a week off afterwards and so I'm back at work tomorrow and I really don't feel ready for it! Never mind, it's almost the weekend.

My New Years Eve was a quiet one. I spent the first half of it at my boyfriend's house, eating Chinese food and drinking Lambrusco. We also watched Mamma Mia! which I was happy about but Jack complained the whole way through, haha. After it had finished, Jack's family all seemed to be falling asleep, so we walked back round to my house to see what my mum and brother were doing. After a couple of games of trivia questions, it was almost midnight so we turned on the telly to watch the London fireworks (very impressed this year). After that, we flicked channels before inevitably ending up on Jools Holland's Hootenanny despite my irrational hatred of watching it! Then I was in bed by 1. Very rock and roll.

Anyway, Happy New Year! Anyone do anything more fun than me?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...