Don't be mad

OK, so I have a confession to make.

I have officially abandoned my 30 books challenge. That doesn't mean I don't plan on reading the rest of the books on the list because I do want to, just in my own time. If I've learnt anything about myself this year it's that I don't do well in self-imposed challenges. And I don't like to speed-read.

Anyway, I finally realised that it definitely wasn't happening when I realised what I really wanted to read wasn't on my list, but I decided that that shouldn't stop me from reading. Because reading is fun, and I wanted it to stop feeling like a chore.

This is how I spent my morning.


This is such a lovely little book, perfect for this time of year (I've been wanting to read it since I picked it up in January), plus it's a really quick read. I'm already eyeing up what I want to read next on my bookshelf - it might even be one that was on my original 30 books list. We'll see.

Song of the Day: So Here We Are by Bloc Party

Currently reading: Letters From Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...