To Lent or not to Lent

I hope everyone enjoyed Pancake Day. I most certainly did, Daf makes awesome pancakes. Except for the first one, for some reason the first pancake always becomes incredibly mangled. It still tastes great, but it just looks a bit pathetic. I have my pancakes properly, with lemon juice and sugar. None of these maple syrup and bacon concoctions.


Anyway, Lent officially starts today, and I can't decide whether or not to give something up. I don't usually, and everytime I have in the past I always fail miserably. My willpower isn't that great. Whenever I've given it a go, I've attempted to give up chocolate, but after about a week I've been like, "I haven't had any chocolate in so long, I am going to reward myself with this 6-pack box of Creme Eggs". I don't think I've ever lasted the whole 40 days. Not even once.


So I've been trying to think of something I do a lot of that I could give up. The only thing I could really think of was giving up drinking tea, because that would be really hard. I really love tea. Then I remembered that I had a cup of tea this morning, but I suppose I could just start it from now. But then I'd probably just start replacing tea with coffee and hot chocolate. I suppose I could just cut out all hot drinks, but I really don't want to do that. It's painful just to think about it.


I guess I won't be doing Lent this year.


Song of the Day: Lucky Day by Nicola Roberts


Oh, and also, watch this video called Shit University Students Say. So accurate.

2 comments:

  1. man alive. all you british people and your pancake day!!! i spent the whole day drooling at my instagram feed. why doesn't canada have a pancake day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, pancake day is the best! Everywhere should have one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...