Animal Madness

This morning I was rudely awakened by a Blue Tit which had managed to defy logic and fly in through my barely open window. The curtains are really thick and this bird was tiny so it was trapped on the window-sill. I kept hearing flapping wings as it tried to get out, but it was obviously having trouble. Daf was still asleep so I woke him up.

"Daf. There's a bird on the window-sill."
"That's not possible."
"Well, there's something on the window-sill."

He got up to investigate because I was scared that there was an eagle behind the curtains. Or at least a huge pigeon. I told Daf not to open the curtains because I was worried the bird would start flying all over the room and shit everywhere. So he peeked through the crack in the curtain and said, "Aww, it's a tiny little Blue Tit." He opened the window further and managed to guide it out quite quickly which was good because apparently little birds can get really flustered and then have a heart attack and die, and a dead bird is the last thing I need on a Monday morning.

After that, Daf saw a squirrel knock something ceramic off next-door's bird table and break it, then he scarpered with his mate. Vandals.

In other news, I keep looking at all the Christmas gifts on websites and it's getting me ridiculously excited. How soon can I listen to my Christmas music?

Song of the Day: Do You Want It All? by Two Door Cinema Club

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...