They can take our lives, but they'll never take OUR FREEDOM!

Braveheart is on, in case you were wondering.

I got back from my very first shift as a waitress about an hour ago. I'm reasonably pleased with how it went, I managed to only spill one drink, and that was just a pepsi. Having my first shift on a Saturday was a bit like diving in the deep-end, but there was always something to do and it went really quickly. I was informed that the longer I work there, the more the hours will drag on. So that's something to look forward to. But anyway, everyone who works there is lovely, which is always nice. Oh, and did I mention the tips? I love tips. One table with two older couples on it (incidentally the table I spilled pepsi all over) gave me £10! I think it helped that I told them it was my first day, and also one of the men told me I reminded him of his daughter. Rule number one: a smile goes a long way.

Now my feet are absolutely killing me and I have a headache and I'm exhausted, but I'm so happy to be working. Getting back from work always makes me feel like I've accomplished something, which is a great feeling.

Anyway, William Wallace has given his freedom speech so I think it's time for bed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...