It ain't like it used to be

I went to pick up my new glasses today, and I can see pretty well when I'm wearing them which, let's face it, is all you really need from a pair of glasses. I nipped into Spar on the way back to pick up More! magazine (because I am cool) and I saw a new copy of the Beano. I was really close to buying it, but I knew it wouldn't be the same as it was when I was a kid and it would just ruin my childhood Beano memories.

Children's TV isn't what it used to be either, at least not on the standard Freeview channels. CBBC and CITV used to have awesome shows on before and after school, but these days there's nothing that I really recognise. The only thing that's any good is Spongebob Squarepants but it's on stupidly early and I never get to see it because I don't have Sky. Not that this is about me, of course... it's about the children of today. Oh, and I like Shaun the Sheep  too, but that doesn't count because it's a spin off of Wallace and Gromit which is old now. I feel like if I was still little I wouldn't really like any of the shows that get put on for children, it's just not of the same calibre than it was back in MY day. I mean, sure, kids can read a book, or go and play outside with their friends, but where's the fun in that?

The best thing about old cartoons and kids TV shows were the theme songs. Especially Disney ones. We had the Disney Channel when I lived in Saudi and the theme songs were often better than the actual shows themselves. You can find some of my favourites here, here, and here, if you feel so inclined. They are all awesome.

I didn't really have a direction for today's post, I just wanted to write something and I saw the Beano and it gave me something to write about. I think I can safely say that this post certainly fits the definition of a useless ramble though, and that's the important thing.

I got the picture from Google Images, but it's originally from a website called www.davesbits.co.uk, just so I'm not breaking any copyright laws or anything. Anyway, I think that'll do, I fear I'm becoming incoherent.

Today I'm loving: Vision, it's so underrated, don't you think?

Today I'm hatin': Modern children's television, in case you hadn't guessed.

Song of the Day: It's You by Annie Stela.
Oh I may be young/But I know when I love someone/When I love someone/And it's you

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...