This is new

So I've never written a blog before. I used to have a diary that I wrote utter nonsense in, the sort of teenage 'my life sucks, no one understands me, blah blah blah' rubbish. I found it buried in my room not too long ago and it was so embarrassing that I just had to throw it away so that if anyone found it in a hundred years or something it couldn't be associated with me anymore. But anyway, I love writing. I've always loved writing. I used to spend hours writing stories because I was convinced I was going to be a famous author some day. Who knows, maybe I will be. I have been writing less and less as I've gotten older though, which is a shame, and I'm not really sure why. I think maybe I felt like I didn't really have anything to say. I'm still not sure about that. But I do know that I want to improve my writing, and so to do that I actually need to write, and that's where this blog comes in.

After that long-winded introduction, I should probably say something about myself. I'm Emma, I'm 21 and I'm in my last year of a History degree. In a few short months, I graduate (hopefully), and then real life begins and I have to figure out what to do with myself. Of course, in the meantime I have to write a dissertation and pass my exams and write a few other essays and assignments. So starting a blog is clearly a wonderfully productive use of my time - I am a world class procrastinator. I live with my boyfriend, Dafydd* during term time (I know, very grown up), but in the holidays I'm usually at home with my family, if they're around. I used to live in Saudi Arabia because my parents teach there, but that's perhaps another story for a separate post. I have an older brother, James, whose currently living in Ireland with his girlfriend. The photo I've put of me in my profile is actually pretty old now, it was taken around Christmas time 2008, but I don't have any pictures of me recently on my own without a serious case of double chin going on. So instead I picked a photo that I thought showed my natural charm and charisma...um, yeah.

These blogs will be a mixture of things. Anecdotes that I find particularly funny or interesting, probably a lot of venting about things that irritate me (and believe me, that's a long list), photos that I've taken on my awesome camera, and anything else I fancy. I wonder if anyone will even read this. I hope so.

I think that'll do for my first post. I'll leave you with a photo of Dafydd's dog, Bruno:

Isn't he adorable?

Laters,
Emma

*I love that how when I wrote this, it got underlined as a spelling mistake and wanted me to change it to Daffy, Daffodil, or Daffie.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...